Terms & Conditions
The Company: Chocolat in Kirkby Lonsdale, 3 New Road, Kirkby Lonsdale, Carnforth,Lancashire LA6 2AB
The Buyer/Customer: The purchaser of components/services from Chocolat in Kirkby Lonsdale.
Goods at all times remain the property of Chocolat in Kirkby Lonsdale until payment has been received and cleared in full.
The company offers a 30-day from invoice date Return To Base (RTB) Warranty on all products unless otherwise advertised or stated. It is the responsibility of the buyer to return and collect goods to/from the company's premises.
Trademarks at all times remain the property of the registered owners.
All products are advertised subject to availability.
The Company reserves the right to charge carriage fees to the buyer in the returning/dispatching of goods.
Chocolat in Kirkby Lonsdale gives no assurance as to the mutual compatibility of components sold on a single invoice.
All prices published include VAT at the ruling rate. Prices listed on the Company website, Company emailed offers and Company authorised external advertising are issued as guidelines only and do not constitute an offer to supply. In all cases Prices are subject to change without prior notice at the discretion of Chocolat in Kirkby Lonsdale.
The company reserves the right to decline service to any company or consumer.
Carriage fees are not included in any published prices. Prices are updated periodically and are subject to change without notice. Carriage fees apply to UK Mainland only. Extra charges will be levied to residents of Northern Ireland, The Republic of Ireland, the Shetland Isles, the Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands region and all other offshore regions of the UK not mentioned herein.
Except where the buyer is dealing as a consumer (as defined in the unfair contract terms act 1977, section 12) all other warranties, conditions or terms relating to fitness for purpose, merchantability or condition of the goods, whether implies by Statute, Common Law or otherwise are excluded and the buyer warrants that the buyer is satisfied as to the suitability of the goods for the buyers purpose.
The Company accepts the responsibility of incorrectly dispatched goods (i.e. goods not matching the specification on the accompanying invoice) if notified in writing, or by email (email@example.com) or by telephone to, and agreed by, the company within 7 working days of receipt. The Company agrees to pay the return postage and dispatch charges of the correct goods. The Company does not accept any consequential loss to the customer during this period and offers no compensation for such.
In all cases faulty goods must be reported within 48 hours of receipt.
In accordance with the distance selling regulations, the following applies to all mail order and E-Commerce contracts:
The buyer is entitled to return the goods within 7 working days for a refund subject to the following:
- 1) It is reasonable for the buyer to open the outer packaging and inspect the goods.
- 2) If the goods are not as specified, advertised or faulty, then the buyer may reject the goods under The Sales of Goods Act.
Whether goods are returned in a sellable condition is to be judged by the company.
The Company accepts no responsibility for any consequential loss caused to the buyer for the receiving of faulty goods. Faulty goods received shall be dealt with as outlined below.
Whilst every effort shall be made to keep any delivery date, time of delivery shall not be of the essence. The Company shall not be liable for any consequential loss incurred by the buyer or any other person or company arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated delivery date.
Unless otherwise agreed the Company may deliver by installments and in such case each installment shall be treated as a separate contract and any delay, default or non-delivery in respect of any installment by the Company shall not entitle the buyer to cancel the remainder of the contract.
The Company cannot accept any returned goods found to fall into one or more of the following categories: -
- The goods are in some way physically damaged by the buyer or a 3rd party agent on behalf of the buyer.
- The goods are found not to have been sold to the customer by the Company.
- The goods are found to have been repaired by the buyer or a 3rd party agent other than with specific authority from the Company.
- The goods are outside the warranty limit
- The goods have been returned without authority from the Company
Upon return of goods found to be faulty, the Company offers the following service:
- To return a working replacement of equal or better specification to the customer within 30 days from the commencement of the contract. However in all cases the Company will endeavour to return goods within 7 working days of receipt. If, after 30 days, a replacement cannot be sent for whatever reason, a full refund will be
With respect to items sold at the shop, the Company offers the following services to buyers returning products:
- Non faulty items returned to our premises complete with packaging, within 7 working days of purchase may obtain a full refund. Goods must be sellable as new in order to qualify for a full refund. Outside of 7 working days, non-faulty items will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Faulty non-repairable items returned within 30 days will be refunded or exchanged for an identical product
Except as may be implied by law, where the buyer is dealing as a consumer, in the event of any breach of these conditions by the Company the remedies of the buyer shall be limited to damages which shall in no circumstance exceed the price of the goods, and the Company shall under no circumstances be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages.
These terms and conditions are subject only to UK law.